Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and an exciting start to 2009! I love the New Year!!! If you have followed my blog for any time you've probably figured out that I am Type A personality (no kidding, right?!) so setting goals for a new year is right up my alley. Check lists and to-do's are enough to make me giddy. :) Last year I even posted my 2008 resolutions divided into neat categories: physical, emotional, spiritual and mental.

In the past weeks as I have thought about and prayed for God to direct me in this new year I have had one recurring thought...I am not to set goals for 2009 that read like yet another to-do list. Heaven knows I have enough of those! I've had the sense this year that instead of typical resolutions God has given me a word...heart. I am resolved this year to ask God each day how my heart aligns with His. That's it. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? But for me it will be a huge challenge.

I am a goal-setting, self-motivated, go-getter type of gal and very independent to boot. Living life for an "audience of One" has always been an objective of mine and something I greatly admire in others. Yet for me I too often stumble over my own self-sufficiency to make this a reality in my own life. And throw in the fact that I am a typical female firstborn people-pleaser further complicates the matter.

How's that for putting it out there? I'm currently feeling a little vulnerable being so brutally honest. :) It's so much easier to post the pretty stuff, isn't it?

So what are your goals for 2009?

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Jennefer, yes, there is definitely beauty in simplicity. Yet, in that one little word it encompasses so much! Great post, and I know this year will take you down new roads in your journey as you seek the best for you and your family! Blessings to you!

Hen Jen said...

Jennefer,

I think that is perfect! Pat on the back to you for hearing what the Lord wants from you, and for being willing to do it, despite your natural inclinations being different.

have a wonderful New year!

Sheryl said...

Jennefer,
That is so strange you say that. Please go over to my website and take a peek at a post I wrote back in December. I took the post down thinking it might not make sense to people but I put it back up because I want you to read it. Its short and sweet. Happy New Year
Sheryl

Jenileigh said...

Happy New Year to you too!