Sunday, August 5, 2007

Fun Idea for a Hot (Rainy, Snowy...) Day!

Today was the sixth day of Daddy being out of town. We couldn't go outside because Thatcher's asthma has flared up - not to mention the horrible heat, humidity and man-eating mosquitoes that could carry Beckett away if they had a mind to!

Then Thatcher remembered something I did for him two years ago when dh was out of town. (Thatcher is blessed with his Daddy's intelligence and memory! I can hardly remember what happened yesterday, much less two years ago!) "Mommy will you make me a tape road?"

So we happily set about making a tape road in the middle of our kitchen floor.

It's nothing fancy (as if you couldn't tell by looking at it. Lol!)...just some painters tape, fifteen minutes and a tiny bit of imagination; my boys played here for hours this afternoon! I don't remember what sparked this idea, only that I was researching fun ideas for our preschool year. This worked for the letter "R" for "Road." If you can't tell, there's a gas station and a parking lot, too! How fun would it be to make a railway line or an airport? I'll have to keep that in mind for another rainy day.

3 comments:

my5wolfcubs said...

What fun! Now, I must see if we have any painter's tape left from our last project! This a perfect "when we scrub the kitchen floor, then we can..." activity!
Thanks for sharing!
Lee

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! You're so clever.
Melissa

Heidi said...

Now *that* is a great idea. My boys would remember that for a long time, too. :) Our weather is lovely here, but I'll be using that this winter!