Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I dread posting this because everyone was so encouraging of my reading Little Women on my trip. Unfortunately though, it didn't happen. I must say that I am not sure what I was thinking when I decided I would read in the first place. I went out of town by myself with all three boys and each night I was so exhausted that trying to read would have been fruitless. Case in point, in my reading of the introduction I fell asleep and couldn't remember hardly a word when I awoke.

Also, my dad ended up having to work (he had planned a week of vacation) after the man he left in charge of the office had a heart attack and ended up in ICU. That meant that evenings were the only times I had with him and I wouldn't trade our talk-time for anything - even Louisa May Alcott!

I have the book sitting on my bedside table ready to be enjoyed - hopefully sooner rather than later.

It was a wonderful trip, full of great family time as well as time with a childhood friend who will be moving from Dallas soon. It's good to get away and it's good to come back home.

4 comments:

Darcy @ m3b said...

Welcome home! Ms. Alcott can wait. There's nothing better than hanging out with the fam. :)

Glad you're back.

Jessica said...

Sharing Darcy's sentiments- time spent with family is better than reading alone. Welcome home! You were missed and the pictures have been fabulous, tell your dh!

:) Jessica

Anonymous said...

I guess it means that you will need to adopt a girl like you want and read it with her!
Love ya
Tracy

my5wolfcubs said...

Little Women is all about family -- she would approve! :) Welcome back!
Love the photos!
Lee