Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Like the new photos?

I love learning about people and their stories. In case you are like me, I thought I would tell a little (I could, like most mamas, go on and on about my babies!) about each of the new photos on my header. If this is not your thing, feel free to skip this post.

The first photo is of Thatcher and me at a Houston Astros game. Some sweet person gave us their season tickets on a night they weren't going to be used so we took our two oldest just a few weeks ago. Dh and I are huge Astros fans (even though they stink this year!) so we had a ball sharing this experience with them.

I am so glad that Dh included this shot of Beckett. The only other photo of him anywhere on my blog is the one of him crying on the first day of school so I am glad to show his precious face when he is not sad! Baths are just about his favorite thing, too.

The third picture is an oldie but goodie. I believe it's over 6 months old and it's currently the photo on my desktop with the verse:

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.

Psalm 127:3 (ESV)

The fourth photo is of my Haddon whose nickname is "Chocolate Eyes." Need I say more?

The next picture of Thatcher was taken this spring at my husband's family's land in the beautiful Texas Hill Country - Kerrville to be exact. As the boys grow older we desire for them to have precious memories of going out to the ranch and we plan to go frequently. No tv, computers or cellphone service but lots of dirt, bugs and snakes, places to explore and places to swim. This is one of the swimming spots called "Little Blue Hole."

The next shot is from that same trip to Kerrville. Beckett crashed after hiking all morning. Not sure why he was the one sleeping...I was the one carrying his extra 20 pounds around. Lol!

Finally one more photo of the ranch. This picture is from the bluff, about a seven minute hike from the house. Here Thatcher is overlooking the Guadalupe River. Isn't is gorgeous?! The second Dh snapped this photo I grabbed Thatcher and pulled him way back from the edge. It is a terrifying drop!

Thanks to my sweet husband who choose all these photos and surprised me while I was away on my trip! I love you.

5 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Welcome Home! Hope you had a wonderful trip!

I love the new photos! What a precious family!! oh and I love that couch! Blue is my favorite color!

WE started school Monday.... its been going pretty good.... have not stuck to my schedule once mind you... but its peaceful and getting done.... kind of... *Ü*

Again, love the pictures and hope you had a good time away.

Lisawa

Hen Jen said...

all those photos are just awesome! Thanks for sharing them.

Darcy @ m3b said...

Beautiful family. Beautiful photos! I love hearing their stories. This is why I scrapbook. :)

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of seeing your precious family! They are adorable!
Love the one of Haddon!!
Welcome Home! Missed ya sis!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing their stories too. It's always interesting to read about.
Thanks also for your comments on my blog. Glad your trip went well.